Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blog Idea List

I have been dying to write numerous blog posts and I am keeping a very nice list of all my ideas. I am beginning to believe that as I add an idea to the list and mentally contemplate what I might write, I think subconsciously I consider the post already written. Too bad that isn’t reality. I would have been a much better blogger the last few months had mind blogging been taken into consideration.

Because much of my world has revolved around “baby” the last 6 months of my life many of my “blog ideas” surround musings on my experience in pregnancy. Since I am all about consolidating and working for efficiency I am going to combined a few of my blog ideas into one, large (much like I feel at the moment) and in charge post.

My journey through pregnancy has been a most lovely ride thus far. It really has. I have been so lucky that many of the adverse side effects of pregnancy have slipped right past me.

The first trimester was a bit, well emotional to say the least. Literally. I think that was my biggest challenge. So many things hit you emotionally during those first 14 weeks.

The second trimester was bliss! They aren’t kidding when they say that it is the honeymoon trimester. I felt awesome and had just enough bump to be recognized as pregnant. So fun!

I have now entered the third trimester and boy did it feel like someone flipped a switch. I have found the third trimester thus far to be much more taxing on the mind, at least for a worrier like myself. All of the sudden I realized that we have only 2 ½ months left to “get ready” for the baby to come.

I have worried more that something might happen to the baby before we can get him here safely. I also worry about the "getting him here" part. I am definitely more uncomfortable and hear that it only gets worse, lucky me. However amidst it all the third trimester has a silver lining of unexplainable excitement that randomly overtakes me and I can hardly wait to hold our sweet little one and that day is drawing near quickly. This makes it ALL worth it.

One of the contributors to this excitement is getting “baby things.” It has got to be the most fun thing you will ever experience. I love just looking at our car seat and imagining our tiny little baby nestled there and of course buckled safely. I was so lucky to have a baby shower recently with a few of my close friends and it was absolutely delightful! What fun it was to talk girl and baby and to be the recipient of so much love and cute baby things! It was fantastic.

The only other frightening part (you will quickly understand why it is frightening as you read on) of the third trimester is this phenomenon they call “nesting.” Now if you are even somewhat familiar with my, let’s say tendencies then you know that adding nesting into the equation has made me a little crazy. I have a good feeling that there will not be one inch of our apartment that isn’t de-junked, organized and completely clean by the time baby Leavitt arrives. I have joked with my mom that I may even get done early and have to come release the need to nest at her nest! (It is the grandparent’s house so it is totally justified.)

Overall, pregnancy has been a wonderful journey and I just pray that both baby and I can make it to the end of the beginning safely and in good health.

I have put off posting prego pics mostly because I think I am more self-conscious of my pregnant body than I realized. But here are a few just to give you a glimpse of the evolution of both I and baby Leavitt.




( I was humming the song for the Brady Bunch the whole time I was making this collage. I am afriad it is going to take some killer good song to uproot it from my brain!)

P.S. I am already a huge fan of Picnik

3 comments:

  1. You are ADORABLE. Loved reading your post--sound like you are just ready to be an awesome mommy already! :) And don't even bother feeling self-conscious...those pics couldn't be cuter! EJ and I were just talking about how we need to do something with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so cute pregnant! can't wait to meet the wee one. i, too, love picnik!! can't wait too see you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look beautiful! I am so happy for the both of you!

    f :)

    ReplyDelete