Monday, October 18, 2010
Danny and I had a really nice weekend. It got off to a rough start but once it was well underway we were in good shape. This is a little taste of our weekend.
homemade chili & cornbread
very upset stomach (marisa)
lots of reading and lying down
exercise (workout video marisa, aerobe danny)
cleaning (mostly danny he was on a roll)
laundry (again mostly danny, don’t I have a great hubby!)
*grocery list making
homemade banana bread
lunch with friends (Zuppas = delicious)
new game (wits & wagers)
visit with danny’s one and only sis
missionary writing (little bro almost to 1 yr in Poland!)
time chatting with my sweetheart
little bros b-day bash (16 yr old!!)
visit with grandparents
* Please note that no other time in my weekend recap did I mention that I actually went and bought the groceries that I have a list for. This is my weakness. Grocery shopping. It will get done, eventually.
Posted by Marisa at 5:11 PM
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Danny and I recently moved into our new apartment which also brought with it a new ward and a new stake.
Our first Sunday was filled with hearing about the 100% for 100 days. Being the newbies that we were we were a little unsure what this was all about. We got the low down and we both are VERY excited about this challenge that our stake has given us.
Here is the challenge:
For 100 days (beginning September 17th, we are a bit behind but don't worry we will make up the difference at the end, and ending December 25th) our stake presidency has challenged us to be 100% in the following:
- Individual & Family Prayer
- Individual & Family Scripture Study
- Acts of Love and Compassion to Spouse
- Date with Spouse
- Family Home Evening
- Sabbath Observance at Ward of Record
- Magnify your Calling
- Fast & Pay Tithes and Offerings
- Temple Attendance
- Home & Visiting Teaching
The idea is that as a gift to our Savior this holiday season we will give of ourselves and commit to doing these things 100%! I am very excited about this challenge because I know that although I will try and do this as a token of my love for the Savior I also know that I personally and our marriage will be blessed.
I think this is such a wonderful idea and I extend the challenge to you. If not this challenge then at least ponder on what you would like to give the Savior this holiday season.
Posted by Marisa at 9:00 AM
Monday, October 11, 2010
I tried a new recipe on Friday that had a twist on pizza and both Danny and I absolutely LOVED it! We may or may not have eaten the entire pan. Behold the goodness that we ingested on Friday.
I learned a few things as I made these for the first time and will change up what I do the next time I make these little bad boys and believe me there will be a next time.
1. Use small cubes of mozzarella, not shredded. Using shredded cheese makes it way to hard to close up the popper
2. Try and use a little larger pan (I used an 8x8 square) so that you can spread them out a little more and allow the sides of each popper to get cooked.
Those two things are all I would change and they still tasted great! If you would like the recipe check them out here at Out Best Bites.
Posted by Marisa at 7:23 PM